Estimator wanted!…a stable and local engineering firm in Portsmouth with a strong foothold in its field is looking for an experienced Estimator to the join the team.
With an already impressive business looking for year on year growth, they are need someone who can fit in the team and add value within their technical department.
Projects undertaken are typically ( but not limited too ) steel framed buildings such as warehouses, offices, schools, hotels and other Commercial buildings.
Main purpose of the role
To assist the business team to produce accurate estimates using data and pricing to meet project requirements
• Be able to work to company procedures and instructions, but also be able to implement other ideas of better working procedures
• Manage the production of allocated work to deadlines
• Liaise with management and the client when looking at tendering and pricing, be able to understand over and under-pricing, retention, payment terms and site requirements
• Build a good relationship with the Business Development Director and Senior Estimator to form a slick working relationship
• Seek prices for added value
• Issue drawings and program of works to the PM
Ideal skills and experience
• A good understanding of the construction industry, more specifically steel framing and commercial unit structures
• A professional qualification within ONC or Civils, or a time served ticket
• Have strong communication skills
• An excellent analytical skills set
• Be a team player and be flexible in the way of working
A great business and opportunity, please apply for more information and call Steve
Rate of Pay
£35,000.00 – £36,000.00 per year
Job ID – J2025